1. Planting coffee and shade trees.
2. Stem Borer:
Tracing & burning of Stem borer affected plants to be completed before end of March in the entire estate without fail. If uprooted stumps are to be retained for further use, immerse them in water for about 10 days to kill all pest stages.
3. Control measures against cockchafer, if necessary.
4. Control measures against hairy caterpillars.
5. Control measures against green scale, if necessary.
6. Leaf Rust:
Post-monsoon spray against leaf rust in Arabica with systemic fungicides like Triademefon @ 0.02% a.i. (Bayleton 25 WP @ 160g in 200 litres of water) or Hexaconazole @ 0.01% (Contaf 5% EC @ 400 ml in 200 litres of water). Tolerant Varieties like Chandragiri, Sln.6, Sln.5B can be sprayed with 0.5% Bordeaux mixture.
Spraying nursery seedlings with dithane M-45 or Ferbam at 0.4% or Foltaf at 0.3% against brown eye-spot disease.
8. Post monsoon manuring.
9. Regulation of dadap shade.
10. Shot-hole borer tracing, removal and burning of infested twigs
11.Berry Borer: Control measures against berry borer. Harvesting of borer infested berries, if present and treat them with hot water. Spot spray with Chlorpyriphos especially in the case of Robusta.
This article is reproduced from The Indian Coffee, The Coffee Magazine