1. Leaf Rust:
Post monsoon spraying with 0.5% Bordeaux mixture or 0.2% a.i of Bayleton 25 WP to be completed.
2. Menuring (post monsoon)
3. Stem Borer:
Spraying / Swabbing / with Chlorpyriphos to protect the healthy plants, In open patches and in border areas adjoining poorly maintained estates,adopt any one the measures like scrubbing or coating with 10% lime or wrapping with woven polythene strips made from used fertilizer bags.
4. Control measures against green scale, if necessary.
5. Control measures against cockchafer, if necessary.
6. Control measures against hairy caterpillars.
7. Clean weeding in Arabica blocks.
8. Handling, centring and de-suckering, where excess vegetative growth is observed. In marginal areas, centring should be minimised in Arabica to avoid exposure of main stem so as to minimise the risk of stem borer attack.
9. Regulation of temporary shade (by lopping dadaps).
10. Cover digging in new clearings and light digging in older areas, if necessary.
11. Opening cradle pits / staggered trenches in sloppy areas.
12. Removal of hanging branches in permanent shade trees.
13. Cleaning and preparation of drying yard, pulper site and pulping equipment.
14. Removal and burning of shot-hole borer infested twigs.
15. Berry Borer: Harvesting of borer infested berries, if present and treat them with hot water. Installation of Broca traps. Spot spray with Chlorpyriphos in Robusta.
16. Nursery work:
Erection of pendal. Spraying of nursery seedlings with Dithane M-45 or Indofil M45 at 0.4% against brown eye-spot disease.
17. Root diseases:
Drench the soil with Bavistin 50 WP at 0.4% (24 g/3 lt.) or Vitavx 75 WP at 0.3% (12g/3 lt.) in the early wilting stage. It should be followed by
application of F.Y.M. or compost @ 10 kg/plant once in 2 or 3 years.
Source: The Indian Coffee, The Coffee Magazine