1. Clean weeding in Robusta blocks.
2. Liming for correction of soil wherever necessary
3. In new clearings, cover digging during the year of planting followed by scuffling during 2nd and 3rd year.
4. Control measures against hairy caterpillars.
5. Forking, mulching and hutting young plants in new clearings.
6. Winter irrigation with sprinklers in Robusta blocks, depending on rainfall conditions and availability of water.
7. Lime washing young dadap stems.
8. Commencement of Arabica harvesting and processing.
9. Removal and burning of shot-hole borer infested twigs in Robusta coffee.
10. Control measures against coffee berry borer-installation of Broca traps. Spot spray with Chlorpyriphos in Robusta.
This article is reproduced from The Indian Coffee, The Coffee Magazine