1. Completing of harvesting of Robusta
2. Collection and disinfestations/disposal of berry borer-infested gleanings
3. Removal of leftover fruits and off-season berries in berry borer infested areas
4. Refilling of lure material in Brocatraps
5. Pruning of Arabica and Robusta
6. Pre-blossom manuring
7. Leaf Rust:
Pre-Blossom spraying with 0.5% Boardeaux mixture if not completed earlier.
8. Stem Borer:
Tracing & burning of Stem-borer affected plants to be completed before end of March in the entire estate without fail. If uprooted stumps are to be retained for further use, immerse them in water for about 10 days to kill all pest stages.
9. Collecting and destruction of pupae of hairy caterpillars
10.Control measures against root and shoot mealy bugs and green scale, if necessary
11.Cleaning of paths around the estates to prevent fire accidents
Transplanting of button stage seedlings into poly bags and after-care of seedlings
Watering young seedlings when necessary
Irrigation for Robusta within 20 days from blossom irrigation.
This article is reproduced from The Indian Coffee, The Coffee Magazine