1. Weeding to be continued.
2. Handling, centring and de-suckering to be continued. In marginal areas, centring should be minimised in Arabica to avoid exposure of main stem so as to minimise the risk of stem borer attack.
3. Planting, if weather permits.
4. Stem Borer: Tracing & destruction/disposal of stem borer affected plants.
5. Control measures against cockchafer, if necessary.
6. Removal and burning of shot-hole borer infested twigs.
7. Black Rot: In black rot affected plants, removal and destruction of black rot affected twigs, leaves etc. should be done followed by drenching spray with Bavistin 50 WP @ 0.03% (Carbendazim 120g per barrel) during the break in rains.
8. Mid monsoon manuring (during break in the monsoon).
9. Berry Borer: If berry borer is noticed, spot sprays with Beauveria bassiana or Chlorpyriphos 20EC may be taken up.
This article is reproduced from The Indian Coffee, The Coffee Magazine